Are you interested in becoming a Teaching Orientation facilitator?
Each year, we hire experienced Ohio State Graduate Teaching Associates to facilitate or co-facilitate our Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Teaching as a Grader, and College Teaching Topics workshops at the Teaching Orientation @ Ohio State.
We are looking for GTAs who will have completed at least two terms of teaching at Ohio State by the end of the Spring Semester, and who are interested in helping new GTAs.
The ideal applicant is someone who:
- enjoys the challenges of teaching
- is reflective about his/her teaching
- has the ability to think about teaching beyond his/her own experience
- possesses effective oral communication skills
- Attend an introductory meeting on Wednesday, April 19 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. (negotiable based on academic obligations)
- Become familiar with provided agenda and materials over the summer
- Check email frequently to stay up-to-date with announcements, materials, and resources
- Attend mandatory training on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, August 8 and 9. You may be required to attend one or multiple sessions on one or both days.
- Facilitate your assigned Teaching Orientation session(s) on August 15, 16, and/or 17.
- Submit the application form by the deadline of February 13.
- The UCAT staff will review applications and invite qualified applicants to participate in interviews March 7–9.
- The UCAT staff will hire qualified candidates and assign them to one or multiple Teaching Orientation sessions based on their skills, experience, and interests. You will be notified by March 27 whether or not you have been hired.
- When you attend the introductory meeting on April 19, you will learn your assignment(s).
Compensation is $21/hour including time facilitating as well as time used for training and preparation. Hours vary by appointment.
|Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Pt. I||11.5|
|Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Pt. II||11.5|
|Teaching as a Grader||11.5|
|College Teaching Topics||5.5 for first iteration; 2.5 if repeated|
|International Teachers: Experienced ITAs Share Their Perspectives
|3.5 for first iteration; 1.5 if repeated|
|Panel: Teaching in an Online Context||3.5 for first iteration; 1.5 if repeated|
Watch this video to learn more before applying.
Jennie Williams, Program Coordinator
The application period has ended.