- Inclusive Teaching @ Ohio State
- Further Resources
How can I plan ahead for an inclusive classroom?
Planning ahead to reduce conflict in the classroom
- Create an inclusive syllabus:
- Syllabus rubric (Palmer, Bach & Streifer, University of Virginia Center for Teaching Excellence)
- Get to know your students:
- Help your students feel like they belong:
- Include students from different backgrounds/countries:
- Encourage active, equitable participation in class:
Planning difficult discussions
- How to plan a discussion:
- Effective Classroom Discussions
- Sample Ground Rules for Discussion
- Worksheet: Planning a Discussion
- Other resources on planning difficult discussions:
Supporting students with disabilities
- Office of Disability Services Faculty Handbook
- Language used in relation to individuals with disabilities
- Meyer, Anne, David H. Rose, David Gordon. 2016. Universal Design for Learning: Theory and Practice.
- Ambrose, S. A., Bridges, M.W., DiPietro, M. & Lovett, M.C. (2010). How learning works: Seven research-based principles for smart teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.