With the semester in full swing and cooler weather lurking around the corner, UCAT staff has been in the process of scheduling mid-semester evaluation sessions (SGIDs), meeting with graduate students about the upcoming job market season, and facilitating teaching workshops. The conversations about teaching we have with you animate us and inspire us to continue developing and growing alongside all of the faculty, lecturers, instructors and GTAs at Ohio State. In the spirit of celebrating your teaching, and as a “thank you” to all Ohio State instructors for inspiring us, we at UCAT are launching a #MyOhioState teaching contest!
#MyOhioState Teaching Contest (Sept 25-Oct 5, 2017):
We invite you to use #MyOhioState to share photos with us, through Facebook and Twitter, that capture your teaching experience at OSU. These photographs can be images of your preparation, instruction, lab sessions, grading, reflecting on teaching or any other means during which you experience your teaching at OSU. Creativity is welcome!
Once you have snapped your photos, please complete the following steps to enter:
- Upload your teaching experience photos to either Facebook or Twitter between September 25th- October 6th, 2017.
- Use #MyOhioState and share with us on Facebook (University Center for the Advancement of Teaching) — you must tag us in a public post or write directly on our page — or Twitter (@OhioStateUCAT).
- Complete this entry form using your OSU name.# to officially enter the contest.
- The winner will be drawn at random on October 6th and contacted via the email given on the entry form.
The prize is two free tickets to the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium!
- Your participation in this contest grants UCAT the right to respectfully repurpose your photo and accompanying description (entered on the form) for future marketing.
- UCAT reserves the right to remove and disqualify any inappropriate photos.
- Your entry will not be counted if you do not both post a photo and complete the entry form.
- Photos and descriptions must be different for each entry, but you may enter as many times as you like.
- The contest is only open to Ohio State instructors (including faculty, lecturers, and GTAs).
We look forward to seeing a peek of your teaching experience on social media and encourage you to enter! Please contact Jennie Williams with any questions. Thank you for being part of our OSU teaching community!