Are you interested in becoming a Teaching Orientation facilitator?
Each year, we hire experienced Ohio State Graduate Teaching Associates to facilitate or co-facilitate our Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Teaching as a Grader, and College Teaching Topics workshops at the Teaching Orientation @ Ohio State.
We are looking for TAs who will have completed at least two terms of teaching at Ohio State by the end of the Spring Semester, and who are interested in helping new TAs.
The ideal applicant is someone who:
- enjoys the challenges of teaching
- is reflective about his/her teaching
- has the ability to think about teaching beyond his/her own experience
- possesses effective oral communication skills
- Attend an introductory meeting on Wednesday, April 22 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. (negotiable based on academic obligations)
- Become familiar with provided agenda and materials over the summer
- Check email frequently to stay up-to-date with announcements, materials, and resources
- Attend mandatory training on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, August 11 and 12. You may be required to attend one or multiple sessions on one or both days.
- Facilitate your assigned Teaching Orientation session(s) on August 18, 19, and/or 20.
- Submit the application form (available on January 5) by the deadline of February 13.
- The UCAT staff will review applications and invite qualified applicants to participate in interviews beginning by February 16.
- The UCAT staff will hire qualified candidates and assign them to one or multiple Teaching Orientation sessions based on their skills, experience, and interests. You will be notified by March 27 whether or not you have been hired.
- When you attend the introductory meeting on April 16, you will learn your assignment(s).
Aside from valuable teaching experience, we provide our facilitators an honorarium for each session facilitated. Compensation varies based on assignment.
|Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Pt. I||$200|
|Introduction to Teaching and Learning, Pt. II||$200|
|Teaching as a Grader||$200|
|College Teaching Topics||$100 for first iteration, $50 each if repeated|
|International Teachers: Experienced ITAs Share Their Perspectives
|Panel: Teaching in an Online Context||$50|
Jennie Williams, Program Coordinator