STAR: January Meeting | Impostor Syndrome
When: January 23, 2017 at 9:00am – 10:30am
Where: Barbie Tootle Room, Ohio Union
Many faculty and graduate students feel that they are impostors, fearing that at any moment their students or colleagues might perceive them as “frauds.” Participants will discuss common causes of feeling like an impostor in academia with the goal of helping participants identify concrete steps to recognizing their competence as teachers.
All 1st and 2nd year TAs are encouraged to join UCAT’s Starting Teaching Associate Resource (STAR) Group! This group, led by UCAT’s graduate consultants, gives 1st and 2nd year TAs the opportunity to…
- Network with other TAs from across OSU
- Seek help for specific teaching concerns
- Develop a plan to grow as TAs
- Access UCAT and other teaching resources
- Encourage and learn from each other
Refreshments will be provided.